Friday, November 12, 2010

Let's Get 'Dis Par-tay Started

We've been here in SE PDX for almost two weeks now.  Whew.  Whatever each of us was doing before we arrived here seems like a small eternity ago.  Two weeks ago I hadn't even boarded the train to come out here.  A month ago I lived in Cincinnati.  Holy mackerel.  Was that even this year?  The calendar says that's the case, but I'm not sure I believe it.

There's plenty more for us to learn about each other and hopefully you'll hear about some of the fun and whatever involved in all that.  So far we know that we go through a heck of a lot of yogurt, peanut butter, and cheese.  We also have some durn good cooks in the house, regardless of prior cooking experience.  Food-wise, I think it's gonna be a spectacular year.  The people are pretty cool, too.

Tonight we're attending a surprise birthday party for one of our canine fellow congregants.  I'd like to share more details at this time but it IS a surprise party, so I can't divulge too many details at this time.  Maybe someone will provide some follow up details in a later post.

So, welcome to the Portland Community House blog.  I hope it's everything you dreamed of and more.  Stay tuned; it's only gonna get better.

1 comment: