Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dinner Guests and other Happenings....

One of the highlights of the past week was having two couples from Peace Church over for dinner on Monday evening, the Groff's and the Eller's. I love it when conversation just happens to be spontaneously good, and it was Monday evening as we talked about our reflections on the video that was shown in church last Sunday called "Our Journey To Becoming a Welcoming Congregation". (See Jon's blog post last week for more opinions and info.) In a nutshell, watching the video made me feel grateful to be a part of a church family that is accepting and welcoming to all people. As the bulletin each Sunday says, Peace Church of the Brethren Celebrates and affirms the image of God in all people, every age, gender, race, ability, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. What an amazing thing! Peace Church of the Brethren is just a great place to be, and more and more I feel really enriched by the experience of being able to worship with these folks and share my time in Portland with them.

So in addition to having a pretty awesome church family here....I'm going to give a little shout out to my housemates too. Given that four of us live in a fairly small house and share 2 bedrooms (thank goodness for the cozy room that helps keep us sane), house life is going amazingly well after 3 and a half months. I mean, we actually were up until midnight laughing and enjoying each others company a few nights this week. And when anxiety was getting the best of me a day or two this week, we went for a late night snack run at the coaxing of Jon and Ben. Life is good, and I'm lucky to have the housemates that I do.

Last, but not least! Any runners out there reading our blog? Ben and I have signed up to run the Portland to Eugene Ultra Relay, which is a 170 mile race divided up amongst 6 runners, with each runner running 6 legs of about 3-6 miles each. Those reading this may think we are crazy, but Ben and I are totally psyched!! What this means though is that I need to start doing some much more serious running between now and June. Thank goodness for the extra minutes of daylight we're getting! That will be good motivation to go for more after-work runs. (A side note...if anyone is reading this and wants to come out to Portland June 17-18 and run with us, let us know- we're still looking for teammates!)

No comments:

Post a Comment