Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the Other Side of the Country.

      Since I haven’t been in the Portland house for about a month, I thought I’d give a shout out to everyone and let people know what I was up to. 

     I’ve been traveling the East Coast for work – as of now, spending most of my time in Ohio, PA, or Virginia. I attended the Church of the Brethren Young Adult Conference – where it is always inspiring to meet up with other CoB young adults – many of whom I only see once a year at this event.  Had a retreat in Columbus, Ohio for Agape Satyagraha – that went anything but smoothly.  Lead workshops at the National Junior High Conference – where I realized how old I was and that Junior Highers eat more ice cream than anyone I’ve ever seen (7 cones in one day is even a little much for me lol).  And camped out in the backyard at Maire’s Farm (she’s my supervisor), where we worked on upcoming retreats and events, including next week’s Annual Conference.  

     I had my transitional periods in between events all figured out, but then a big kink got thrown in my summer plans, so old plans were thrown out the window and new plans now come day to day – so I often don’t know where I’ll find myself between events – Most of my time thus far has been spent at Bridgewater, Marie’s, Camp, or Richmond. It’s been tiring to be in a new place every couple days, but I’ve gotten to catch up with a lot of friends who I wouldn’t have seen before, and I’ve had other crazy adventures like having to kill my first rattlesnake, learning how to use a transplanter on the farm- to plant tomatoes, and helping to break up a fist fight.
  
      I’ll be out this way for about another month, but then will be heading back to Portland mid July – which will mean that everyone in the house will be there at the same time!!! Which I believe will be the first time since the end of February that that has happened.  I’m signing off from Bridgewater right now, but who knows where I’ll be tomorrow. 

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment