Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time Alone

So what has been reconfirmed to me this year after living with 3 others and spending lots of time together (and don't get me wrong, that has been an extremely valuable experience) is that I need time alone to rejuvenate and reflect.  I feel refreshed and renewed when I take the opportunity to do my own thing, travel alone, or hike alone.  A hike out in nature becomes more of a spiritual experience when I'm by myself than when I'm with others, and I crave these experiences from time to time.  I'm forced to be alone in my own thoughts, the good and the not so good, and to learn to like myself enough that I'm not bored with just me for a few hours or a few days.  This is a good thing, I think!  Some photos from my last independent excursion...- Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment