Tuesday, October 4, 2011

 I’ve often talked about my frequent travels to the East,  so I think it’s only appropriate to talk about Marie Benner-Rhoades– who has, throughout this year, been my hostess, housemate, roommate, travel buddy, retreat co-facilitator, co-worker, boss, friend, teacher, cook instructor and much more.  Her and her husband Eric have often generously hosted me at their organic vegetable farm on more than one occasion – which of course includes great vegetable meals and carrot cakes!!  For living across the country from each other – we have definitely seen a lot of each one another :) (which is of course a great thing) - we have been on a lot of road trips together-including travels to Ohio, Michigan, California, and Portland, have lead a good number of retreat together, and have definitely had a lot of good laughs! Marie and I met when I was a part of the Youth Peace Travel Team in 2009, and I'm so glad that we got to further work together this year! To share some of our year's adventures – here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. 
                                       ~ Chels



Picking peas in the greenhouse 


Rocking the Nerd and Grandma glasses!

Detour to Niagara Falls!
Planking Grandma G! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment