Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goodbye PITS

Well this will be my final send off to the PITs' (peacing it together) contribution to the blogosphere.

I moved out of the house Friday, the new house members: Andy and Benedikt moved in the same day. As the house transitions from one group to the next I can't help but look back over the past year to analyze the effect that the house has had on my life.

Over the past year, I've really enjoyed having the community as a place to grow, learn, enjoy life, have accountability, and share. My year in the house has left me with a great sense of appreciation of the wholeness of everyone. We are all imperfect creatures; in realizing this, it's perfect. We are all broken, we all have sadness, we all strive to accept ourselves and in so doing have others accept us to. I'm grateful for the true vulnerability we've had.

Community can be hard, but most of the time the rewards are worth it.

1 comment: